Monday, June 23, 2008

Triathlon Training: Week 9

It's amazing what you can do once you actually feel healthy again.

After three weeks of being sick, I was no longer hacking up a lung, lacking energy or feeling like general crap due to some respiratory illness. And it showed in what I was able to do training wise. And I felt good.

So how'd I spend my days during Week 9?

Monday: 2.5 mile run followed by 1,000 yards in the pool.
Tuesday: 10 mile bike
Wednesday: 10 mile bike
Thursday: 2.1 mile run
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 15 mile bike. 5 miles worth of walking to and from Chickenfest all day
Sunday: Rest

I know I was heavy on the biking this week, but I'm OK with that. Monday's run was my first run in almost three weeks and it felt like it. It was tough. But Thursday's was a little bit easier. I'm hoping to do a bit more running this week in an attempt to get back up to speed and increase my distance without dying.

Oh and Saturday's bike ride? I went after the Chickenfest parade, around noon. You know, the time of day when the sun's at it's strongest. And there were no clouds. And me? I kind of forgot the sunscreen. So I was left with an impressive sunburn. Gotta love the tan lines. And while the burn hurt Sunday, it doesn't anymore. Because I'm the kind of girl who burns once a summer and then tans the rest of the time. I did remember to apply the SPF today when I went for a ride though. I didn't want to chance burn on top of burn, because I've never experienced that. Nor do I want to.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Sounds like I wasn't the only one who got a bit of sun this weekend! :) Your week of training looks great!