Wednesday, June 25, 2008

The monster? He doesn't really like heat and humidity.

I don't want to be that girl that complains about the summer weather. I know summer is short. And I know that with summer comes heat and humidity. And most of the time I can handle it.

But today's the first day I've really had to deal with that kind of weather this year. And my head? It's not agreeing. You see, the nasty headaches I get? The migraines? They don't really like the heat and humidity. Wait. Let me rephrase that. They don't like it when I have to do a lot stuff in the heat and humidity. They'd prefer I stayed indoors and kept the activity low.

So my head wasn't too thrilled when I got sent out on an assignment this afternoon in the middle of the blazing sun, high temperatures and humidity. Since then, I've been battling a headache. It kind of subsided when I went swimming, but since I've been home, it's gotten worse.

I've tried Tylenol. That hasn't really helped. So I have a feeling tonight will be a dose of the air conditioner and some Vicodin. But right now? I think an episode of Lost is in order.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Yesterday I really struggled with a run in the heat, and it wasn't even the hottest it's been in the past week. Later last night I ended up with the onset of a nasty headache and had to go to bed early. Not fun!

I hope the vicodin helped you!