Monday, June 30, 2008

I read the books, but the pile? It doesn't shrink

Let me just say, I can't believe it's the end of June already. Where the heck did the month go? For that matter, where did the first six months of the year go?

Wherever the days went, they're gone. And now June's done. So it's time for the monthly recap of what I read. I finished three books this month for a total of 1,357 pages. That brings my total to 24 books and 7,974 pages. Not bad. I guess I'm over halfway to my goal of 40 books for the year and I don't remember if I set a page count. I'm also half done with another book, but there's no way I'm going to finish it tonight, so it'll be included in the July totals.

So what did I read? Have a look:

Public Enemies: America's Greatest Crime Wave and the Birth of the FBI: 1933-34 by Bryan Burrough
The Appeal by John Grisham
Change of Heart by Jodi Picoult

And in other book-related news. I'm participating in the public library's adult summer reading program. You basically just have to read 20 minutes a day and submit you're little sheet saying you did. And hello, I obviously read. So I take the time to check the boxes and hit the "submit" button.

Well apparently it pays off. Because Friday? The lady at the library called me and told me my name was picked and that I won a prize. I'm not sure what I won, I still need to go pick it up. But I can't think of the last time I won a prize. Kind of cool. I think I might go pick it up tomorrow and when I do, I'll be sure to let you know what it is!

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

That's kind of cool that you won a prize!

What did you thing of the John Grisham book? I like him as an author and it's been a long while since I have read any of his books.

Nat said...

I am impressed at all the reading you get in. That is one thing I miss the most with all the training.

Badgergirl said...

In general, I like John Grisham too. But The Appeal definitely wasn't one of my favorites that he's written. It was OK, but not his best. And my favorite John Grisham? A Time To Kill.