Monday, June 23, 2008

The chicken was enjoyed by all

Another year's worth of Chickenfest is in the books. And a good time was had by all.

There was a lot of chicken.

And much dancing, both the Chicken Dance variety and other dancing. And lots of good food, especially this cheese-flavored kettle corn. Yum. And beer. And fireworks. And a parade. And good times with family and friends.

And lots of music. The bands were good, Boxkar, Hindsight and Half Empty. And Ryan Cabrera, who played Saturday afternoon to a mixed crowd of teeny boppers and other Chickenfest goers, wasn't half bad either. It was free. So I went down with my Mom, we pulled up some chairs and listened. And I can't believe I'm saying this, but he wasn't half bad. There were points when I found myself tapping my toes and kind of dancing in my seat. It was an entertaining hour worth of music.

Let the countdown begin until next year's Chickenfest festivities.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't NOT believe how awful he looks! Sigh.

I am not embarrassed to admit I have TWO of his CDs... ho-hum...

Badgergirl said...

I do admit, I bought his new CD. It was $10 and like I said, the music was relatively catchy. Next time I see you, remind me and I'll give you a copy to add to your collection.