Sunday, June 8, 2008

It's time for the drugs to kick in

I'm still sick.

Even though I started the antibiotics Friday night, I woke up Saturday feeling absolutely awful. As in, I'm lucky to have both lungs still inside my body. And my head? It felt like daggers were being plunged into my eyes. And don't even ask what those daggers felt like during a coughing fit. So I drugged myself up with Vicodin and slept most of the day Saturday.

I feel a tiny bit better today. But I'm still hacking. And I'm sure sitting through a deer-proofing your garden workshop at a landscaping center wasn't the brightest thing for me to do. Especially since it was held in an outdoor greenhouse. In a torrential downpour (let me tell you, when it rains 4 inches in less than 18 hours, it's coming down in sheets). But it was for work. So I had to do it.

And the hacking? That's not good. Because I think I've pulled a muscle in my rib cage area from the hacking. Because now it hurts when I cough. And I've done that before. Pulled a muscle from coughing. Seriously.

Now I sit here in my office. Waiting to go home. Because I still don't feel good. And that's all I want. Is to feel better. Is that too much to ask? Especially since I've been sick for over two weeks now?

Maybe the drugs will kick in tonight. And I'll wake up feeling OK tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww! I wish you lots of chicken soup and peaceful sleeping ... that always helps me when I feel sick. (Kitty snuggles don't hurt either.)

Deloris said...

I hope you feel better soon.