Sunday, June 1, 2008

Triathlon Training: Week 6

So I thought Week 6 of training was going to be awful. I was battling a nasty combination of allergies and a cold. I was tired. And sick. My nose was both stuff and runny. I had this nasty, hacking, congested cough. In general? I just didn't feel good. I would have rather slept. Or stared mindlessly at a TV.

But I didn't.

I forced myself to do some stuff that kind of resembled training. I admit, it wasn't the best week, but considering how I felt? I'll take it.

Monday: Sick
Tuesday: Sick
Wednesday: 5 mile bike
Thursday: 8.5 mile bike
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 7 mile mid-afternoon bike, followed by a 2.1 mile run in the evening after dinner
Sunday: 13.5 mile bike

As you can see, I spent a lot of time on my bike this week. Mostly because that was the easiest for me to do without dying. It's kind of hard to run when you feel like you're going to hack up a lung. And swimming? I didn't touch the water this week. But I totally have an excuse. The pool was closed. Apparently it takes the fine folks at the YMCA almost 10 days to do the annual pool cleaning. Yes, I could have driven across town to the other YMCA facility, but like I said, I wasn't feeling the best, so I opted to skip the pool. I figure one week off won't kill me.

The pool's back open this week and I'm starting to feel better. So hopefully I'll get back on track. Like I mentioned last week, I think I need to start logging a few more running miles. So maybe that's what I'll try to focus on this week. Just logging some miles on my running shoes. Hmm.

Bring on Week 7.

No comments: