Friday, June 20, 2008

I've practiced the moves. My wings are ready to flap.

Elmo wants to be a chicken
Elmo wants to be duck
Cluck, cluck, cluck, cluck

OK, so those probably aren't the real lyrics, but you can be sure that I'll have the "Chicken Dance" running through my head. On the hour. Every hour. All weekend.

Because it's time for Chickenfest folks.

That two-day festival in Darboy where chicken is king. It kicks off tonight with fireworks, music, food and beer. And tomorrow? There's a parade and stuff like crafts and a pedal tractor pull. But there's also more food and music. And since I'll be at the park anyway, you'll probably find me somewhere among the throng of pre-teen girls who are screaming their hearts out for Ryan Cabrera when he takes the stage.

And did I forget to mention you do the Chicken Dance? A lot?

Yeah. It's a good time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I acutally laughed out loud to that song ... my baby cousin LOVES that toy and we always sing it to her. :)

teacherwoman said...

sounds like fun!