Thursday, June 19, 2008

It was a long two miles, but I finished

When I left work, I really wanted to run. I was thinking I'd tackle the 3.5-mile route I have near my apartment, even though I almost died earlier this week on the treadmill.

But then I got sidetracked. And chatted on the phone with my Mom. The next thing I knew, it was getting later. And my desire to run? Wasn't as bad as when I left the office.

But I already had my shorts, tank top and running shoes on. And I know I really need to work on the running thing.

So I threw on my sunglasses and strapped on my iPod and headed out the door.

I cut my route shorter though. I opted for the 2-mile version. Because really? I need to take some baby steps after being sick for 3 weeks. The run itself? It wasn't pretty. I think I was kind of slow. And I did stop to walk for a half a block somewhere around the 1.5 mile mark.

But I finished. And didn't die. And for the first time in a long time, I ran twice in the same week. And those are the important things.

Now, it's time to watch Lost. Because remember, I decided I'm going to try to catch up before the new season starts this fall. Tonight's the night I start.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Baby steps, girl! Nice work.