Sunday, June 29, 2008

Triathlon Training: Week 10

Ten weeks down, only two more to go.

I'm starting to get scared. Well, maybe scared is a bad word to use. More like nervous. That race day will come and I'll feel completely unprepared. And I'll struggle. And the swimming, biking and running will be really difficult. And I'll finish last. Or worse. I won't be able to finish.

So yeah. Even though I'm logging the yards in the pool and the miles on the bike and in my running shoes, I'm still nervous. And wishing that July 13 wasn't so close. That I had more time. But I don't. So I'm going to have to deal with it.

And I've been dealing. Here's a look at what I did during Week 10:

Monday: 15 mile bike
Tuesday: 2.1 mile run
Wednesday: 2,000 yard swim
Thursday: 10 mile bike
Friday: Rest
Saturday: 10.5 mile bike ride. And lots of walking around the Country USA grounds
Sunday: No "training" but I spent the entire day walking around the Country USA grounds. Again.

Once again. I'm happy with my swim. And it goes without saying that I spend enough time on my bike. It's the running that I've all of a sudden run into a brick wall with. I know I said it last week, but hopefully this week I can log a few more runs. I meant to last week, but then Mother Nature decided to hit us with some nasty temps and humidity. Not fun for running in, but tolerable to bike in. So my bike won that battle.

Now I just have to hope that the sore calf muscle I have is really due to walking around on the uneven muddy music festival grounds and that the soreness goes away after some ice tonight and a day of rest tomorrow. Because at the moment it hurts to walk. I can only imagine it would hurt just as bad if I wanted to run.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've got that nervous, kill me now, feeling also. But, I'm also giddy about it. It's the weirdest thing.

You're doing great with your training! I only wish I was doing half as good.

I've hit a brick wall with swimming, and that's a bad thing because that's what I was most confident about.