Friday, February 9, 2007

Where's the fire?

I know I've always joked about the general overall hotness of firefighters and I'm not complaining. Although I must admit, my preference lately has been for those fine folks who wear police officer uniforms.

But back to the firefighters...

Can anybody tell me why I have a fire engine and ambulance parked outside of my apartment? Yet I have yet to see a firefighter, or flames for that matter?

As I sit here typing, the cop just showed up.

And I still see no flames (which considering they're all parked right in front of my door is probably a good thing).

*45 minutes later*

The firemen (half of which look to be about 12 years old) are leaving and they didn't even take anyone away in the ambulance. They came out of the door of the crazy old lady who lives next door to me, but I'm not sure why they were here.

The cop is still here though.

In all, I think I counted six firemen/paramedics and one cop. And they came in four different vehicles which makes me believe they were way over the one parking spot per resident restriction they have in my apartment complex.

Honestly, it's about time the fire engine left. I mean, there were no flames and considering it was parked right outside my bedroom window, it made settling in for the night with a book a little difficult because, hello, fire engines are VERY loud when they are just sitting in a parking lot idling.

No comments: