Wednesday, February 7, 2007

What to watch?

I have a dilemma that revolves around TV watching.

Normally, I'm not a big TV person. Sure there are a few shows that I have to watch: "24," "Gilmore Girls" and "Grey's Anatomy." There are also a few others that I like to catch if I'm around and have nothing else to do, shows like "Ugly Betty," "Friday Night Lights" and lately, "Deal or No Deal."

There used to be another entry in that "Must Watch" category. I used to be glued to the TV when "Lost" came on.

But here's where the problem begins.

"Lost" has been on a break since October (or sometime around then). So I haven't had to set aside time to watch it on Wednesday nights. But tonight "Lost" returns. And it starts with one of those recap episodes that ABC seems to be so fond of, those episodes that I normally don't like to watch. And after that recap, it's a new, hour-long episode.

My problem? I may need more than a "recap" episode to remember what's going on on that crazy island. Which make me wonder, is now the time I decide to get un-Lost? Because in reality, the show was starting to sputter for me. I was losing interest in the island and it's inhabitants. But if I decide to leave the island, it has to be a solid decision, one that I won't end up regretting in a few weeks. Because I can't really go back in a few weeks due to the nature of the show.

I guess what I'll probably end up doing tonight is putting my faith in my temperamental VCR (after I give it a warning that it better not mess up) and tape "Lost," because I don't care if it is the first new episode in months, there's a Badger game on and sorry ABC folks, Bucky takes precedence over an island full of survivors of an airplane crash.

No comments: