Wednesday, February 14, 2007

No I didn't wear red

I don't get to do Valentine's Day since I have no boy to officially call mine.

So I gave myself a Valentine's gift: I took the time to make a decent dinner. I was hoping to sneak out of work a tad bit early and get started on my feast, but the district attorney was his usual chatty self, so I didn't get home until 6 when I started throwing together my dinner.

What I'll be feasting on tonight? Lasagna, garlic bread and a salad.

I love lasagna. I just don't make it often, probably because it's kind of putzy to put together and it usually makes so much (even though I only make it in a bread pan). But it's tasty. And on the plus side, I'll have leftovers for probably two additional meals.

Right now, the lasagna is about 10 minutes from coming out of the oven and so far it smells delicious. The bread's almost done and I just need to open the bag of lettuce (just the ice burg variety, no purple stuff or weeds for me) and throw on some ranch dressing.

Then I'll be set to sit down with my tasty Valentine's meal and watch my Badgers take on Minnesota on the hardwood tonight.

Not a bad Valentine's Day evening for someone who is lacking a boy to call her own (although I do have my fingers crossed, hoping that The Boy Who Wants To Be A Cop calls tonight!).

No comments: