Friday, February 2, 2007

I'm not coming out

When I left work, the sun was still shining. I think that's first time that's happened since, oh October. But considering I worked a ton of hours early in the week, I more than deserved to be able to exit the building at 3:30 this afternoon.

Originally I had big plans for my early day. I was going to head over the YMCA before the post-work rush hit. But then I realized how cold it was and that it was just going to get colder once the sun set and I decided to skip the YMCA, even though the parking lot was fairly empty.

So I ran some quick errands (to Walgreen's and Target) and came home. And the sun was still out and it was semi-bearable outside.

But I've been locked inside my house since 4 p.m. and honestly, if it wasn't for the celebration tomorrow night honoring Krista's 25 years on earth, I probably wouldn't leave my house until Monday morning when I had to go to work.

That's how cold it is. And it's only going to get colder this weekend. I shiver just thinking about it.

So now I'm off, to curl up in my recline with a cozy blanket and either watch a movie or read. Or both, not simultaneously of course.

No comments: