Friday, January 12, 2007

What time did the clock say?

Normally I'm just rolling out of bed when the clock hits 7:10 a.m.

Today I dragged myself out of my nice, comfy, warm bed at 5 o'clock in the freaking morning! All in the name of filling in for our fearless morning reporter who's decided to take the day off.

I'm not a fan of showering in the dark, but if I was, I would have. I don't have many lights in my bathroom, but they were painful when I turned them on this morning. Painful and bright. But I got used to them after the first wave of water hit me from the showerhead. Then it wasn't so bad. And surprisingly, I even felt a little awake.

So far it hasn't been too bad. I made my cop calls, wrote a weather forecast and found out gas prices. And I felt semi-awake. Instead of the pitch black darkness of 6:15 a.m., it felt like it was already 8:30 and I was starting my day as usual.

But now that I've eaten my Frosted Mini Wheats I'm starting to get that, "Why am I at work and not in my bed?" feeling. Tired, yawning and sluggish.

Hopefully it's only temporary. Maybe the sugary-frosted goodness of the Mini Wheats will kick in soon and I'll get a sudden burst of energy. Because, hello, I can't be tired today. It's Friday.

No comments: