Monday, January 15, 2007

But the avocado did it

My head hurts.

Sure, it might be because I'm somewhat squinting as I sit at my desk due to the brightness that's flooding in the windows here at work. That might be part of it. But I think there's a bigger reason.

I haven't eaten.

I know it's bad. I know when I don't eat I'm just going to give myself a headache. Because that's what happens with me. No food equals a migraine for me. And having this bit of information, I should know I can't skip lunch.

But I didn't intentionally do it today. I really tried to have lunch.

It's just that the person who made my sandwich heard, "just the turkey, cheese and lettuce" decided that really meant I wanted avocado on my sub as well. And I don't do avocado. It's green and slimy and I don't like it. So I don't order it on my food. But apparently the sandwich maker thinks I don't really know what I like. So she put it on my sandwich, thinking I'd become an avocado convert. But news flash, it's not happening. I could have salvaged part of my sandwich if she had only put avocado on one half of the bread. But no, she slopped it on both halves of the bread which was so not good.

So my lunch, which was supposed to be a sandwich and Cheetos, ended up just being some Cheetos. And that my friend, doesn't quite cut it. So now I'm left with a headache and a growling stomach.

No comments: