Monday, January 8, 2007

I have a muscle there?

There are muscles on my body that are sore that I didn't even know I had.

I made it to the YMCA after work. I only had to circle the parking lot once before I found a spot (and it wasn't in Timbuktu!).

I went in, changed and went up to the workout area, only to find every single cardio machine was taken. So I penciled my name in to reserve an elliptical that would be available in 20 minutes and headed over to the weight machines.

I don't like weights. I know I should do them more often. It's good for me to mix weights with cardio, blah, blah, blah.

I know how to use a majority of the weight machines (thanks in part to the weightlifting section in my sophomore gym class), it's just some of them are kind of intimidating and I'm not always sure which machines I should be using to target the areas I want to fix.

I could solve that problem by signing up for my free "orientation" thing that came with my YMCA membership, I just haven't done it.

But I put all that behind me and lifted some weights tonight. Cause I wasn't going to just sit around for 20 minutes, waiting for the elliptical to be available.

And now I'm sore, cause I used muscles I haven't really used in probably 5 months. It might be worse tomorrow, but I'll deal with it. And it stop me from going back tomorrow night. I just hope there's a treadmill or elliptical free for me when I get there.

No comments: