Friday, January 5, 2007

Bowing down to the medical gods

While it's never a good thing to wish you were sick, I'm not completely comfortable coming down with some type of sickness or breaking some bone.

Why?

Because after playing the risky, I'm going to live my life without any type of health insurance whatsoever game, I'm finally completely insured again :)

My health insurance from my old job ran out at the end of September and rather than pay the astronomical prices to continue that coverage until my new employer's stuff kicked in, I played the risky game. And I crossed many fingers and toes in hopes that I would get deathly sick or break a bone or require some kind of major medical attention.

But the little insurance card came in the mail today, meaning I don't have to worry anymore.

Granted, just because I have the little card in my hands and my employer is taking a chunk out of my paycheck, this doesn't mean I want to become sick, break a bone or require major medical attention.

No comments: