Sunday, January 21, 2007

The snow stopped 5 hours ago

Dear apartment complex manager:

Yes, it snowed today. About 4 inches.

But it stopped snowing around 4 p.m. and it's now 9 p.m. Why then did it take the man who runs the snowplow 5 hours to decide to plow our parking lot areas? Not that I was going anywhere. Because, hello, it snowed today and it's Sunday and I didn't feel like leaving the confines of my cozy apartment.

My bigger question is, why did he have to wait until 9 p.m. to drive back and forth with his plow apparatus down, scraping across the pavement? And the snow blower? These snow removing utensils are quite noisy. And did I mention it's 9 p.m. and within a short hour or so, I'm going to want to drift off to sleep? And these snow removing devices are quite noisy and may keep me awake longer than I want to be. And inevitably, they'll be back in early tomorrow morning, removing the snow they didn't get to tonight. And then I'll get woken up by the snow removing devices.

All of this leads to a somewhat cranky tenant.

Which brings me back to my original question. Why did it take the man in charge of snow removal 5 hours to start doing his job: that is removing snow?

Thanks,
A questioning tenant

No comments: