Thursday, January 4, 2007

Pages and pages

159.

As in 159 pages. That's all I've read since Jan. 1. Kind of disappointing.

The pages I've read so far this year are in The Time Traveler's Wife, which by the way is a fantastic book so far. But with the book clocking in at 518 pages, the bookmark isn't moving very fast. I want to read more, I just haven't found the time to devote to it yet. Hopefully this weekend I'll be able to make a serious dent in the book.

It's not only my lack of progress. It's also the pile of books to be read that are slowly accumulating by my end table. I have Twentysomething: The Quarter Life Crisis of Jack Lancaster by Iain Hollingshead and Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot sitting on the floor and today the library sends me one of their lovely e-mail notices that two more books that I've had on hold are now ready to be picked up.

In terms of library due dates, that's five books that I'll have to finish by this time next month. Kind of crazy. Hopefully I'll be able to do it!

No comments: