Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Add another candle

Remember how when you were younger birthdays used to be like, the biggest day of the year besides Christmas? It was just the presents, but that it was your special day. When you were treated like a princess and had the cool birthday birthday with all your friends.

Yeah, they've kind of lost that magical feeling ever since I've gotten older. My last "cool" kids birthday party was when I turned 23. It was the year I was living in Indiana and although I worked that evening, I went out with my friends and managed to give myself one heck of a hangover (and mental note, covering a double-header basketball game with a pounding hangover headache...not so good. Dribbling basketballs were bad, but the buzzer signaling stoppage in play...that was rough).

Today was one of those "nothing too spectacular" birthdays. I went to work. Had a work day to catch up on some stuff. My Dad left me a message on my voice mail at work, wishing me a happy birthday. I was actually able to leave at 5 p.m. and then Mom came down and took me to dinner and brought a cake (I sent a good chunk home for Dad though). No candles for me though. No gifts either, but that's partially my fault since I don't know what I want, so my birthday gift from my parents is TBD.

But honestly, 27 doesn't feel any different than 26. It's just a number (albeit, one that keeps creeping up, not so sure how I feel about that one).

The rest of my birthday evening consists of watching the rest of the Badger game.

Although I'm a happy girl. Because I just got a phone call from The Boy Who Wants to be a Cop. And that makes me happy.

3 comments:

MWGirl said...

Hi. I did not know it was your birthday. I feel horrible - Happy Belated Birthday, Jenny!!!!!

Badgergirl said...

I try to keep that whole getting older thing under wraps. But thanks for the belated birthday wishes :)

Erin said...

Happy birthday!