Friday, June 1, 2007

The pages didn't get turned very often last month

I have to admit, not many pages got read during May. Yes I finished four books for a total of 1,327 pages, but you have to put it in perspective. One of those books I started reading back in FEBRUARY. Yes, the second month of the year, when we got hammered with snow. And it would have only been three books, but I cracked down and made myself finish the book I was reading last night, when I would have rather been doing something else.

But the four books I read during May brings my 2007 total to 25 books and 8,465 pages. Not too bad.

So here's what I worked my way through this month:
Harry Potter & the Prisoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
The 25 Greatest Moments in Camp Randall History by Mike Lucas
Off Main Street: Barnstormer's, Prophets & Gatemouth's Gator by Michael Perry
Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

And speaking of Jodi Picoult, I've decided to take a hiatus from reading anything she's written. No more Jodi until at least 2008. It's mostly because I was so totally able to predict the twist in Nineteen Minutes a full 200 pages before the twist was revealed! I think that's partly due to the fact that I've read four of her books since Jan. 1. So Jodi, it was nice knowing you, but I'll see you again in 2008.

After a short break, I've decided to return to my task of rereading the Harry Potter books in anticipation of the seventh installment's release in July. I've only got three more, but of course they all check in at more than 700 pages. I've made a very tiny dent, as in maybe 50 pages, in Harry Potter & the Goblet of Fire since I started it last night.

No comments: