Tuesday, June 26, 2007

One minute it was blowing hot air, the next, POOF!

I never realized how hard it is to get ready in the morning in a bathroom that lacks an electrical outlet.

No. I don't have the misfortune to have an apartment equipped with a bathroom that doesn't believe in electricity. It's more like I have a bathroom that HAD electric capabilities before my blow dryer decided to blow up and leave the outlet useless.

That's right. My blow dryer blew up this morning.

I plugged it in, turned it on and blew hot air for all of 2.2 seconds before it went POOF! There was a flash of bright light and then a really nasty smell. And then instead of blowing out hot air, it decided to give off this foul smelling smoke.

This was not good. Here I was with a head of wet hair, which would have never dried on its own today since it super humid today, standing in front of my mirror, holding a smoking, non-functioning hair dryer.

Turns out I had a spare, but it was kind of useless without an electrical outlet that worked. Yes, I tried hitting that RESET or TEST button that was on the outlet, but nothing. The outlet was dead. As a friend of mine in Indiana would say, it was as dead as Dale Earnhardt.

So I had to resort to blow drying my hair and trying to curl it in my bedroom, without a mirror. Not so fun.

After work I made a Target run to replace my now blown up hair dryer, but it's not going to do me a whole lot of good tomorrow since I forgot to tell my landlord about the electrical outlet that's now dead. Looks like it's back to the bedroom outlet tomorrow.


Krista said...

As dead as Dale Earnhardt. Ha. Ha, ha. That's funny. You're going to Hell.

Also, you should get ready in your spare room - it has a mirror. I know. I did it once. :)

Badgergirl said...

I used the spare room this morning. Which was so much easier, although the cord on the new hair dryer could be a wee bit longer.