Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A towel would be nice

Mental note to self: It's no fun running when it's hot and humid, at least it's not when you're not used to it.

It wasn't very nice out today, with temperatures in the mid-80s and it was super sticky. I know I shouldn't complain since we only get warm weather for a few months a year. But really, does it have to feel like August when it isn't even June yet?

Even though it was humid, I decided to go for a run when I got home from work, because, hello, it's almost summer and I'm going to have to do it sooner or later. Not only was I still dealing with that whole lack of stamina thing, my legs kind of felt like lead today and the weather conditions were less than ideal. But I sucked it up and put one foot in front of the other for 2.1 miles. And then I got home and needed a towel since I was drenched in sweat.

My pace is still slower than what I was running pre-neck slicing, but I'm hoping within the next week or two to get back to where I was before in addition to finding my stamina again. My first test will be Saturday since I signed up for a local 5K (instead of ingesting the Lake Flies, I'll be running in the Lake Fly 5K). I should be able to finish without any major problems, but I'm sure my time will be slower than the Oshkosh 5K. But I'd be OK with that.

No comments: