Tuesday, June 5, 2007

You want how much?

Did The Great Neck Slicing of 2007 sound like so much fun that you found yourself rushing out to find a doctor who would be willing to remove a golf ball from your neck?

Before you make the appointment to get sliced open, wait a minute.

I'm going to offer you a word of warning, something that I'm coming to realize very quickly as the bills start rolling in...slicing open your neck is quite costly.

I'm talking five figures. Luckily, I have insurance and that will take care of a large portion of it. But still, the chunk I'm responsible for paying will most likely top four figures by the time all is said and done. And that's a lot of George Washingtons (and Abe Lincolns) that I could find so many better ways to spend (or save).

If dollars and cents aren't an issue for you, by all means, find that surgeon who's willing to sharpen his scalpel and make the incision in your neck. Because if pain is what you enjoy, a neck slicing will be right up your alley.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear ya! I had a couple of procedures done last year. The dr's office didn't have my insurance info on file, so they sent ME the bill. The low-key procedure was $1189.00 (and the bill specified, DO NOT SEND CASH...uh, yeah, no prob there). Sadly I didn't get to see the bill for the second (much more expensive) procedure, cuz they sent it directly to my insurance co. I have a feeling it was 5 digits...

Badgergirl said...

For some reason my insurance company loves letting me know exactly how much cash they're doling out for my medical care. So I get a statement every month or so, telling me how much they've paid. They can send me all the "health statements" they want, I'm not going to feel sorry for them.