Wednesday, June 6, 2007

I hope I'll be able to hear you now

Remember that new cellphone I got? Well I returned it today.

Turns out I really like having a phone where I can carry on a conversation without repeating, "Can you hear me now?" or "I can't hear you, you're breaking up." Not hearing scratchy background noise is nice as is the ability to complete an entire phone call without you call being lost.

With that so-called great phone that I purchased with my new contract, I got all the bells and whistles on the phone, an MP3 player, a camera and video camera. But I also got a bunch of lost calls, static sounds and lost words.

Not such a good deal when the cellphone is your primary phone and you also use it for work occasionally.

I tried taking it back over the weekend. Instead of helping me out, the friendly folks at Verizon punched a few buttons and made it worse. So after work tonight, I headed back to Verizon intent on walking out of the store with a different phone in hand. Luckily, I got a salesman who was willing to help me out and listen to my problems. So after about 45 minutes, I did get to walk out of the store with a different phone.

It hasn't rung yet and I haven't had to make a phone call yet, but I'm crossing my fingers that I'll no longer have to deal with missing words, static or lost calls.

No comments: