Saturday, September 8, 2007

Upper 60s? I'll take it

Remember August? How it was miserable. And hot. And humid? Heck, that's what it was like earlier this week too.

But tomorrow? Mother Nature must be in a friendly mood. Because depending on what weather forecast you look at, the mercury in the thermometer might reach 70 if we're lucky. And there's supposed to be clouds in the sky.

What's that mean?

My long run tomorrow should be wonderful. Well, as wonderful as I can expect a 9-mile run to be. But I do know it should at least be tolerable and hopefully I won't find myself wanting to throw in the towel after 2.5 miles. It should be comfortable and hopefully I won't want to die.

Now if only Mother Nature can give me a similar forecast on Sept. 23. Because I don't want it to be 90 when I have to run 13.1 miles.

3 comments:

teacherwoman said...

I hope the long run went well! It was 38 degrees when I went out for my run this morning! YIKES!

Anonymous said...

So many runners! I feel like a slob.

I'm looking forward to the weather cooling down more too. People hate me for saying this, but I'm looking forward to my first winter in Wisconsin. I'm a crappy weather kind of girl.

Badgergirl said...

I think I'm ready for fall too. Besides, I love Wisconsin winters!