Thursday, September 13, 2007

Contrary to popular belief, he didn't suck her blood

The next time you find yourself at a bookstore (or, if you're cheap like me, the library), wandering around the aisles aimlessly looking for something to read, go find "Twilight" by Stephenie Meyer. You will not be disappointed.

It's about this high school girl who finds herself falling in love with a vampire.

Yes, I said vampire. I don't normally read a lot of vampire books, but I'd heard so many good things about this book, I just had to give it a try.

I started it Monday and could barely put it down. I found myself picking it up to read a chapter or two during my lunch hour and at night? I had to force myself to stop reading. And today? Even though it was absolutely gorgeous outside after I got done with work at 3 p.m., where'd I find myself? Sitting inside, curled up in my recliner reading, when I could have been running.

The bad news? I'm finished with the book, which was fantastic. The good news? It's the first in a series of three and I already have the second title on hold at the library. Hopefully it comes in soon, because I think I like reading about vampires.

4 comments:

Bethany K. Warner said...

Oh dear....
if you are becoming a vampire novel convert, let me know. I'll steer you to other good ones.

First on the list, more YA fiction: Glass Houses, by Rachel Caine.

Badgergirl said...

I don't know if I'm fully converted to vampire novels yet. I just know this one was really good.

However, I'll know where to come for more good vampire recommendations.

Anonymous said...

I just finished "Twilight" and "New Moon" based on your rec. Damn good books, and I can't wait to get my greedy paws on "Eclipse"

Badgergirl said...

I'm still waiting to get my hands on a copy of "New Moon" to satisfy my new found fondness of vampires.

It's got to come into the library someday soon.