Thursday, September 13, 2007

Four random things

A few random things for today.

  • It was time to decide whether or not I wanted to stay in my apartment or look for a new place to live. It was time to renew my lease, and as much as I like my apartment, I had a feeling the rent was going to go up. And I was right. The landlord wanted to tack on an extra $15 a month, not a lot, but enough to make a difference. I asked about one-bedroom apartments in the complex, even looked at one. But the complex manager offered to keep my rent at my current rate if I signed a year lease and said she'd tell the landlord I would have given my move out notice otherwise. Sweet. Because honestly, I really didn't want to deal with finding a new apartment and then moving.
  • My MP3 player ate my music. That's right. I went to get ready for a run, turned the MP3 player on and everything was blank. That made me mad. Anxious to run with my tunes, I loaded enough music onto the MP3 player to get me through my run. Needless to say, I was not happy, since this is the third time this has happened. At this point, I'm considering purchasing a new MP3 player in the somewhat near future, and it just might be an iPod.
  • I managed to sneak in a 4 mile run. And the good news? I didn't get carried off by a swarm of angry mosquitoes this time.
  • I've been up since 4:45 a.m. It's been a long day. And needless to say, I'm tired.

No comments: