Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The sneezes turned into sniffles. And I couldn't breathe.

Other than the month of December, which I don't remember due to the massive head issues I dealt with, I went the entire winter without getting sick.

No flu. No cold. No strep throat.

Just headaches and a minor runny nose that never really went away.

I was happy.

But now that it's the end of May? Now I'm sick.

Stuffy nose. Funky feeling ears. Runny nose. Headaches. A barking, phlegmy cough. All the signs of allergies. Which I could deal with since it's that time of year and they usually go away in a few days.

But this time? It actually got worse after a few days. And since my doctors tell me I have very little immune system, I ended up going to the doctor today. Just in case. And what'd I learn? It's all viral. And I'll just have to dope myself up on Sudafed and cross my fingers it all goes away soon. Because being sick stinks to begin with. But being sick at the end of May, when the weather's finally getting nice? That really bites.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

I don't go to the doctor that often because I know my body and know what usually is wrong... but when I do go I hate it when they tell me it's viral and I just got to fight it off... All I want is drugs otherwise I would have never gone in! :)

I hope you feel better soon... this is the worst time of year to be sick.... the weather is so nice!