Friday, May 9, 2008

I was going to be dancing the Chicken Dance anyway

Chickenfest.

For the past three or four years, each summer I set aside a weekend in June where I plan to go to the festival held by my parents' house in Darboy.

Chickenfest. It's your typical summer festival. Food, music, beer, rides and fireworks. And of course, each hour you dance the Chicken Dance. It's fun. I even have the Chicken necklace, which I forgot to wear last year.

The music lineup has been announced for a few weeks already. It's mostly local bands. But they play good music and it's a good time.

But today? There's a new performer. Apparently Ryan Cabrera, the ex-boyfriend of Ashlee Simpson, will be making an appearance at Chickenfest. Not sure how this all happened. And while I know there are some tunes that Cabrera sings, for the life of me, I can't remember which ones they are.

Most likely I'll already be at the park for some kind of Chickenfest activity on June 21 at 5:30. It might be the pedal tractor pull or browsing through the crafts. Or dancing the Chicken Dance. So chances are, you'll probably find me somewhere near the stage, listening to a few Cabrera tunes.

No comments: