Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Let me escape into a chick lit world

I was productive at work.

Then I hit the YMCA and fit in the 45-minute bike ride my training program called for, covering 11 miles. And that was after I logged a 2-mile run on the treadmill.

Now all I want to do is be kind of lazy and escape into a book for the rest of the night. Because I'm almost done with it. And I'm actually kind of enjoying it.

So what's the problem?

It's a piece of chick lit. "Not Quite a Mom" by Kirsten Sawyer. I don't normally read a lot of chick lit because frankly, they all start to seem the same after a while. But I haven't picked one up in a long time. And I know they're fast reads and sometimes can be enjoyable. This one? It's pretty good.

And I only have something like 100 pages left. And it's getting good. And all I want to do is finish it. So I can move on to some other book that's sitting in my pile.

Besides. Chick lit? It requires little thought by your brain when you're reading.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

Nice job on the workout! Enjoy the book. I need to start taking more time to read... I love it!