Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Point and shoot is so much easier

I still haven't found the remote.

It's been a week. I've looked every place I can think of. The box with all the miscellaneous cords. The storage bin near my TV where all the other TV "stuff" is. The shelving unit the TV actually sits on. The bookshelf.

Everywhere.

And yet I still have no remote.

Which means I've been operating my TV manually. Whenever I want to turn it on? I get up, walk over to the TV and push the buttons. Want to change the channel? To the TV I go. Need to adjust the volume? You get the picture.

For the last week there has been no sitting in the recliner, pointing the remote and magically the TV changes to whatever I want.

And it's not that I'm lazy. Because I'm not. And I haven't really been watching that much TV anyway (remember the reasoning behind why I was downgrading my cable? I don't watch much TV).

But I'm nervous for the buttons. Up until the last week, they didn't get used that often. And whenever I find myself pushing them, I feel like they're going to break. Or get pushed in and never come back out. And then my TV will be stuck on some random channel or volume FOREVER. Or at least until I get a remote.

And I've been meaning to do that. Go get a new remote. Last weekend I was all set. Dad told me that the store employee would even be able to program the remote for me. And I was excited. Because I didn't want to deal with the crazy complicated instruction manual that inevitability will come with the remote.

But then Dad told me I'd need to know the brand of my TV - uh, it's black - but the brand? I didn't have a clue. So my planned remote shopping trip got cancelled. And I haven't had the time, or desire, to get one this week.

So it'll probably be another week of pushing the button to make changes on my TV. And at some point this weekend I'll go and buy a remote.

And once I do? That's when the remote I lost will magically appear. I know it.

No comments: