Friday, February 1, 2008

I actually read in January!

Remember how I didn't read a single page in December? And how I felt awful about it?

Well, I'm happy to report I'm back to my reading ways. As in, I spent a chunk of January actually reading and I can report a list of books that I finished. Yes folks. Books. As in more than one book. I'm a happy reader.

In January I finished four books. Granted one of those books I started way back in the middle of November, but still. I finally finished it. So anyway. Four books. And that was a total of 1,425 pages. Not too bad. In case I forgot to mention it at the beginning of the year, I think I'm shooting for reading 40 books again this year. The number of pages isn't important, just the number of books. But I'm thinking if I had to choose a how many pages I'd probably shoot for 15,000. That sounds like a good number. So I guess I'm on my way.

So what'd I finish? Here's what I read in January:

The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards
Confessions of an Ugly Stepsister by Gregory Maguire
Secret Society Girl: An Ivy League Novel by Diana Peterfreund
Under the Rose: Any Ivy League Novel by Diana Peterfreund

Not too bad. And I'm about halfway through The Cider House Rules. Maybe if I get into a really reading craze this weekend I might be able to finish it. It is getting a bit better than it was at the beginning though. And that makes me feel good. Knowing that I'll be able to work my way through the remaining 250 pages without it being too much of a chore. I'll let you know how it goes.

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Ooh, look at all that reading! The Memory Keepers Daughter is on my list of "Must Read" books!

Badgergirl said...

"The Memory Keeper's Daughter" wasn't my favorite. But it was stil OK.

I'm still waiting for the day when I get time to crack open "Water for Elephants." And it's taking too long for that day to come!