Monday, February 11, 2008

Hey cupid, since you've got good aim, how about a little help

I've been lucky in the past.

When this date came around on the calendar, I was never in a situation where I had to figure out something.

I was never part of a couple when Valentine's Day rolled around. Wait, take that back. I was once. But that boyfriend was a jerk and I don't even think I got a card that day, much less any kind of acknowledgement. Guess it doesn't surprise me that he cheated on me with a Mormon a handful of months later.

Anyway. Back to my problem. This year? There's The Coach. So the cupid holiday? I guess it means something.

Which leaves my brain in overdrive. What do I do? I don't want to spend a ton of cash. At the moment, I'm thinking of making something. I'm just not sure what yet. Dinner? Dessert? Both? Some kind of homemade gift? My poor brain is confused. And yes, I'm a bit last minute since the holiday rolls around in less than 3 days. But in my defense, I don't think I'll see The Coach until the weekend, so I've secured a few extra days.

Anyone have any suggestions? Because I can't be That Girl that just ignores the holiday where cupid shoots an arrow at your butt. Because if I did? I have a feeling that wouldn't be pretty.

No comments: