Monday, January 7, 2008

I did read for part of 2007

Remember how I used to read? I do. But books definitely were not a priority on my list of things to do during the last two months of the year, mostly due to a throbbing head that made it difficult to keep my eyes open. Which is why I was incapable of finishing a single book during the month of December.

But still. I did read in 2007. Back at the beginning of the year, I set a goal for myself to finish 40 books. And I'm happy to announce that I met that goal. I finished 44 complete books. That checks in a 16,505 pages worth of words. Not too shabby if I do say so myself.

So what did I read? There were some good ones. And some not so good ones. But here's a look at the titles I finished during 2007:

1. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
2. Twenty Something: The Quarter-Life Crisis of Jack Lancaster by Iain Hollingshead
3. Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot
4. Truck: A Love Story by Michael Perry
5. The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
6. I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak
7. Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs
8. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
9. The Pact: A Love Story by Jodi Picoult
10. Good Times, Bad Boys by Melanie Murray
11. The Cheese Monkeys: A Novel in Two Semesters by Chip Kidd
12. The Blade Itself by Marcus Sakey
13. You Suck: A Love Story by Christopher Moore
14. Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares
15. Flags of Our Fathers by James Bradley
16. Little Children by Tom Perrotta
17. Plain Truth by Jodi Picoult
18. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
19. Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
20. Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Krouse Rosenthal
21. A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole
22. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban by J. K. Rowling
23. The 25 Greatest Moments in Camp Randall History by Mike Lucas
24. Off Main Street: Barnstormers, Prophets and Gatemouth's Gator by Michael Perry
25. Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult
26. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
27. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling
28. A Match Made on Madison by Dee Davis
29. Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J. K. Rowling
30. Little Girls in Pretty Boxes by Joan Ryan
31. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
32. The Final Frontiersman by James Campbell
33. The Time It Takes to Fall by Margaret Lazarus Dean
34. Year of the Dog by Shelby Hearon
35. Whistling in the Dark by Lesley Kagen
36. A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini
37. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
38. Slightly Single by Wendy Markham
39. Slightly Settled by Wendy Markham
40. Slightly Engaged by Wendy Markham
41. Slightly Married by Wendy Markham
42. The Cinderella Pact by Sarah Strohmeyer
43. Blink: The Power of Thinking Without Thinking by Malcolm Gladwell
44. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

This year I think I'm shooting for another 40 books. I know, I should increase my goal. Make it a bit harder. But I've found that 40 is a reasonable number for me to aim for without becoming overwhelmed.

And there's good news. I've actually been able to read again the past few days! As in, I'm almost done with The Memory Keeper's Daughter, which I started back in the middle of November. So hopefully there will be some progress on the 40 book goal I've set for myself.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

How was Flags of Our Fathers? Because I just saw the movie and it was SO GOOD.

Badgergirl said...

Flags of Our Fathers was good. I'd recommend it. And it has Wisconsin ties.

Bethany K. Warner said...

So the Wendy Markham books? Any good?

Badgergirl said...

The Wendy Markham books were good, fast reads. Your typical chick-lit type book, not amazing, but not awful. I'd recommend them, but definitly read them in order, cause they all go together, a single girl's journey kind of.

Anonymous said...

Fun! I read 11 of the books you did.