Sunday, February 17, 2008

Did I mention I'm glad I don't have to shovel?

I'm not going to lie. I like winter.

Until the end of February that is. And since today's actually Feb. 17, I'm sure you can guess that my love of winter is just about gone.

Especially since it's snowing. Again. And now just a few flakes. Nope. Lots of flakes. So many weathermen are warning us about possible blizzard conditions later this afternoon and how travel will be treacherous. And that we might get another foot of snow.

Hmmm. That doesn't sound good.

Granted I have no plans to leave the confines of my apartment today. But still. I'd like to see The Coach. Even though his truck has four-wheel drive, the roads are wicked. And he doesn't want to try driving. And he doesn't want me driving anywhere in my little Focus. So no chance for me to see The Coach today. Grr.

But then there's my Mom and sister-in-law who decided to fly out to Philadelphia this weekend with The Rugrats. They're flying back today and will be driving home from Milwaukee. I'm crossing my fingers that if they're flight gets in, they can manage the drive home OK.

Because blizzard conditions with treacherous travel conditions? Not so nice.

I think it's time for winter to be done.

No comments: