Sunday, February 3, 2008

I didn't want to do anything

It was a long week at work last week. Therefore, I didn't have a whole lot of ambition this weekend. All I really wanted to do was...nothing.

So that's what I did.

Yes, I did chop my hair off. And I realized this morning in the shower just how much hair I lost at the salon yesterday. But really. My hair hadn't been that long since high school. And do I need to remind you that high school was 10 years ago? The new length is closer to what I had been wearing until I went on a haircutting hiatus about a year ago.

And I went to visit my mom for a bit yesterday. And followed that up with dinner and a movie with The Coach.

But today? Other than laundry, cleaning my bathroom and a quick trip out for errands, I did squat. That's right. I sat in my recliner and attempted to finish off "The Cider House Rules." There was a brief nap in there at some point, but a majority of the day was spent reading about Homer Wells.

And I'm still not done. I have about 50 pages left. And considering there's about an hour left before I go to bed, there's a chance I might be able to finish it. We'll see though. My eyes are already a bit sleepy.

But overall, these two days of doing nothing? I think it's exactly what I needed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to see pictures, stat.

And please give Homer a kiss for me. I have left him and am on to other books. Sigh.

Bethany K. Warner said...

Oh Homer...
Did you enjoy the book?

Badgergirl said...

Sadly, I'm still not finished with Homer. Maybe tonight.