Thursday, February 28, 2008

I'd suggest you run fast, unless you want to be it

Apparently there's a game of tag going on here in Blog Land. And I couldn't outrun Teacherwoman, because she tagged me. So now I'm it.

The rules:
Link to the person who tagged you.
Post the rules on your blog.
Share seven random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog.
Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
Leave a comment on their blogs so that they know they have been tagged.

So those are the rules. Guess I know what I have to do.

Seven random things about me?
  1. I had a really bad cross bite when I was 4-years-old. So bad, my dentist made me wear a retainer. But once I was finished wearing it? My dentist let me choose a prize. I choose a Barbie wearing a red and white heart dress. I still have the Barbie.
  2. I broke my right wrist when I fell off a piece of playground equipment in kindergarten. Truthfully? I think I fell because I was impressed with the boys in my class who were jumping off the equipment. Me? I just lost my balance.
  3. I've lived in two states: Wisconsin and Indiana. But I only lasted 365 days in Indiana. I moved there on Halloween and promptly left the next Halloween.
  4. One of my favorite college classes? The Political History of the Modern Olympics. Seriously. It was this professor who just "lectured" by telling us all these cool Olympic stories. Best. History. Class. Ever. It was also the last time the class was offered.
  5. I'm a nail biter. I've tried to quit. Many times. But I can't.
  6. I thought about going to law school for about two minutes. Then I realized that was three extra years of school. Instead I've taken the opportunity to learn about criminal law through my job by sitting in many, many courtrooms as a crime and grime reporter.
  7. I had a fish once and I murdered him. It was a beta fish and his name was Felipe. I didn't want the fish. He was unfriendly. And unsocial. And refused to swim. Mostly, he'd sit and stare at the wall. So I "forgot" to feed him. But he wouldn't die. Then I "forgot" to clean the water. Still alive. I didn't want to flush the living Felipe down the toilet. What if he swam back up? So I admit. I killed my fish in a brutal fashion. I threw him, bowl and all, into the icy cold March waters of Lake Mendota. Who knows, maybe Felipe's still swimming around the lake six years later.
Now I've got to tag seven people huh? Let's see, how about Mandy, Crystal, Kritta, Miss Inside Girl, Milwaukee Buckeye, Mr. Outside Boy and Deloris.

1 comment:

teacherwoman said...

I could be charged with murder for trying to kill a fish that belonged to a girl that lived on my floor in the dorms. The fish made the dorm floor stink, and the girl was pretty dirty too.

That was one of the lowest things I have ever done. But, the fish died days later...and not because of me. I just had to clear that up!:)