Sunday, February 3, 2008

Not the Super Bowl I was expecting

Yes, I'm a sports fan. But no, I really wasn't all that hyped up about watching the Super Bowl tonight. For some reason I just didn't think it was going to be an intriguing match up. I mean, New England and the Giants?

Yes, there was the drama of could New England finish out the perfect season. And the commercials, which honestly, I wasn't all that impressed with the ones I saw.

But I wasn't expecting this outcome. A Giants victory.

Seriously. An Eli Manning touchdown with 35 seconds remaining to give the Giants an edge? And then the Patriots last drive? Including that monster sack Tom Brady took? The parts of the game I did see were good. And I do have to admit, it felt good watching the Patriots notch their first mark in the loss column.

But one question.

Why couldn't you have played like this consistently all season Eli? Seriously. If you had, you wouldn't have spent the majority of the season sitting on the bench for my fantasy league.

2 comments:

teacherwoman said...

Yea for the Giants...


Pooh for the commercials. I mean. Come on. Pathetic.

Badgergirl said...

I think the commercial that confused me the most was the one with the lizards dancing to Michael Jackson's "Thriller."

I just went, huh?