Thursday, February 14, 2008

Who knew watching a TV show about pigs was what I needed

I don't want to get into it, but believe me when I say it's been a long week and not the best week.

And to top it off, it snowed today. Again. For like the 90th straight day. The weatherman told me we were supposed to get 3 inches of snow. I think they were wrong. Last time I looked outside, there was 11 inches of white fluffy snow on the ground. And covering my car.

So I spent the day, in a quasi-crabby mood, sitting at my desk writing. And writing more. And I just wasn't in the best mood. I needed a bit of a pick me up.

So I called The Coach.

Even though today was Valentine's Day, we weren't planning on seeing each other. He had a rec league basketball game tonight and I knew work was going to be kind of busy this week. But I was fine with not seeing him. We have plans for the weekend.

But like I said, with the week I've had, I needed a pick me up. And seeing him would be just what I needed. So I called him and after work I went over to his house for a bit. I wasn't there long, just long enough to watch a Modern Marvels episode on pigs (who knew pigs produce four times the amount of waste as humans?) before he had to tackle the 11 inches of snow that covered his driveway.

I was only there an hour, but it was exactly what I needed. There's something about him. Even if I'm in a slightly crabby mood, when I'm with him, I instantly feel better. The little hugs he gives me or just the looks. I feel comfortable.

And tonight? Sitting next to him on the couch, learning about pigs and why they qualify to be considered a Modern Marvel? That's exactly what I needed.

2 comments:

MWGirl said...

I just feel the need to tell you I'm sorry. I feel horrible and know I would feel exactly the same way if I was you. I know it's sort of out of everyone's control but you're my friend and it was just hard seeing you so un-smiley.

I love you, hun.

Badgergirl said...

Thanks. And sorry if I was crabby last week. Hopefully this week will be much easier.

And I'm crossing my fingers Those Who Have Control remember who sat at her desk all day Friday the next time one of those days comes around.