Sunday, July 22, 2007

They came, they saw and they tore my apartment apart

My mom is babysitting the Rugrats and they decided to head down to the City on the Water to meet me for dinner and stop by my apartment for a visit.

The Rugrats are my 5-year-old niece and her two brothers, who are 2 1/2 and almost 1.

We had dinner at Culver's and afterwards we stopped in a parking lot and watched the planes come in for the EAA AirVenture Convention, which starts tomorrow. Then we headed to my house for a bit.

And let me tell you, considering they were only here for 45 minutes, my apartment looked like a tornado swept through it. I don't have many kids' toys, but what I do have? Yeah, scattered throughout the apartment. And I totally do not have a baby-proof apartment. All over there were CDs or picture frames or remote controls piled on tall pieces of furniture, like CD towers, out of the reach of an 11-month old.

Then there's the drool. It seems wherever I walk, I step in a semi-moist spot of carpeting, a byproduct of a teething, drooling 11-month old.

I love the Rugrats dearly, but I can honestly say, I was glad to see them go home tonight, clutching their sippy cups of ice water and Ziploc baggies of animal cookies.

No comments: