Monday, July 16, 2007

I have a family of elephants living upstairs

So the people who moved in upstairs? The ones with the baby that doesn't stop crying?

Apparently they're also related to elephants.

Why? Mostly because I don't think they know how to walk normally. It always sounds as though they're jumping from place to place. I should not be able to hear normal footsteps. But I hear Every. Single. Footstep.

It's a constant, STOMP..STOMP...STOMP. And occasionally a quick thump.thump.thump.thump. And interspersed amongst it all? The baby that still continues to cry non-stop.

And unlike elephants, these are not large people. She's as skinny as a pole and the guy isn't much bigger. And the baby? Well all he does is cry.

All I can hope is that these new folks are still in the process of moving furniture around in an attempt to set up their apartment. But somehow, I don't think it's furniture anymore. And if it is, why in the name of all things sacred are they moving furniture around at 11 o'clock at night?

2 comments:

Farrah said...

Being of the upstairs tenant variety, I feel so bad if I have to make a dash to answer my telephone. In my head I'm saying sorry the whole time I'm stomping my feet down as I try to get to the phone before it stops ringing.

Some people are so inconsiderate of others!

Elizabeth said...

In my last apartment, I swear our upstairs neighbor wore combat boots 24 hours a day. Plus, he worked 3rd shift so we'd hear him getting up and ready to go to work at ungodly hours. As much as that sucked, I think I would have killed him if he had a crying baby thrown into the mix.