Sunday, July 1, 2007

I only finished two books!

I'm kind of embarrassed to admit this, but I only read two books in June.

Yup, that's right. Two. As in one plus one equals two. A pair.

But in my defense, a lot of trees were killed in order to provide the pages for the two books I read. Because the two books I read, not only are they 4 inches tall when stacked on top of each other, but they also check in at a total of 1,604 pages.

Yes, my friends. It was enough adventures at Hogwarts for two years.

In June, I finished:
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

That brings my yearly stats to 27 books and 10,069 pages. And a piece of useless trivia? Checking in at 870 pages, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is the longest book I've read so far this year while The 25 Greatest Moments in Camp Randall History, at 156 pages, is the shortest.

For the moment, I'm taking a very brief breather from Harry's adventures and treating myself to a short piece of chick lit before diving into Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. Then of course, on July 21 I'll be settling in to find out what happens in the final installment, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.

What am I going to do once I've exhausted the Harry Potter series? Have no fear. I have a stack that is starting to grow. So far, the stack includes Fall on Your Knees by Ann-Marie MacDonald, The Final Frontiersman by James Campbell, The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards and The Way the Crow Flies by Ann-Marie MacDonald. At the moment, I don't have any plans for what to read first, and considering I own these books, there's always the distinct possibility that I'll keep them in the pile if I find something intriguing at the library.

But yes, two books for the month of June. While it may sound horrifying, just remember, 1,604 pages. That's a lot of trees.

No comments: