Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Yup. They waited.

Remember that 7-miler I skipped out on Tuesday morning due to a headache?

It was patiently waiting for me after work tonight. And I got it done.

It was fairly decent outside after work, a little warm, but no chance of rain. I should have just headed out to the Wiouwash Trail and gotten the run done outside. But I headed indoors. To the treadmill.

See, Andy Roddick was playing his first round match at the U.S. Open. Right when I would be starting my run. And me? I have a little thing for Roddick. So it was off to the YMCA and the treadmill so I could kill two birds with one stone: Get the run in while watching Roddick.


Of course his match started late. But I did get to see a pretty incredible second set that was decided in a tiebreaker in the John Isner (another player who's quickly earning a spot on my must see list) and Marcos Baghdatis. I swear, the tiebreaker alone was long enough for me to pound out 2 miles! By the time the Roddick match started, I had three miles left to run, just enough time to watch the first set.

Overall a pretty good run and even though it was done on the treadmill, it went pretty quickly. Granted treadmill runs do seem to go faster when I've got some good TV to watch. Tomorrow it's back outside. Just in time for the mid-80s and humidity to return. Great.

No comments: