Wednesday, August 31, 2011

They're still waiting


Remember I said the runs have been non-existent this week?

I missed Monday's 3-miler because it was necessary to go out and have 2-for-1 margaritas and Mexican food with my friend Jess to celebrate her taking the first step on a new journey. And I had good plans to get up early and do the 7 miles on the schedule before I went in for a night shift at work Tuesday. Woke up with a headache and just couldn't do it.

So I've got a big fat zero on my training log for the week right now.

That's changing tonight. After I get done with work those 7 miles I was supposed to run Tuesday are getting done. Because in 18 days I'll be lining up at the starting line for the Fox Cities Half Marathon. And there better be a new PR at the end of that 13.1 mile journey.

3 comments:

J said...

Love that picture! And so true! The miles just wait for us! Hope you have a fabulous run!

Renee said...

A few missed runs is just needed sometimes. Go out and kill those 7 miles. I will be running 7 today after work as well.

Jen @ Run for Anna said...

Love that quote... Good luck on the 7!