Tuesday, August 30, 2011

August reading recap

There hasn't been much running this week - OK, there hasn't been any running this week - so instead of letting the sound of crickets take over the blog, I thought I'd give you the August reading recap since no additional books will be finished by Wednesday night.

After a slow start to the year, I think I got back on track in August. I finished five books for a total of 1,815 pages. That puts me at 16 books for a total of 6,745 pages for the year. For comparison's sake I was at 21 books and 7,991 pages by the end of August 2010. I'm still behind book wise, but I've got some light, fast, no thought required reading lined up, so hopefully I'll be able to catch up a bit. I still think 40 books for the year might be a stretch though.

Anyway. So five books for the month. What'd I read?

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris
Sisterhood Everlasting by Ann Brashares
Pretty Little Liars by Sara Shepard
The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein

Loved The Help. Dead Reckoning gets an eh. It definitely wasn't the best installment of Sookie Stackhouse's adventures. I had to pick up the Brashares book since I've read the other four Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants books. Pretty Little Liars was classic young adult, mindless reading and yes, I'm looking forward to more of the series. And The Art of Racing in the Rain was a great read - life told through the perspective of a dog. Loved it.

So what have you guys been reading? Any good suggestions?

No comments: