Thursday, August 25, 2011

Three Things Thursday

1. I admit. I quit. I was having one of those runs Wednesday. It was hard. My legs were not cooperating. It was hot. And windy. Even though I was suffering through the run with Jess by my side, I just couldn't do it. I was supposed to do an easy 3 miles. But even "easy" was painfully awful. I just couldn't.

So at mile 2? I quit.

I don't do this often. I can't remember the last time I bagged a run for a reason other than a nagging pain. My Garmin dinged at the 2 mile mark, I looked to my left and asked Jess if it was OK if we stopped. We did and walked the last mile back to her place.

I know we all have bad days. And a day later I'm pretty sure that's what Wednesday was, a bad day. A day that I'll be able to learn something from.  But still. Pulling up and just quitting mid run? That was hard to do.


2. On the plus side, tonight's 5-miler went so much better. It was cooler. Not humid. I ran along the river. The only bad thing was the nasty flies and mosquitoes that kept trying to drain me of my blood whenever I even slowed down remotely.

3. Just a heads up. There's a possibility there might be a few more non-running related posts appearing in the next week. Because next Thursday night? As in seven days from now? Badger football returns! Wisconsin opens the college football season by hosting UNLV at Camp Randall. And yes. I'm just a tiny bit excited.

1 comment:

Carolina John said...

I am so fucking excited that football is starting soon. And I mean real college football, who cares about that nfl preseason. It's good enough to make me wish for college football but that's about it.