Thursday, August 18, 2011

Three Things Thursday: The Madison Mini Marathon edition

1. It's Thursday! That means the weekend - and the Madison Mini Marathon - is almost here! It's been odd though this week. I've gone through the typical race week lack of concentration but it still seems a little surreal that I'll be packing my bags and heading down to Madison for a half marathon tomorrow.

2. Not only will I get to run a half marathon in one of my favorite cities - and hang out at the Memorial Union Terrace for the post-race party - but I also get to spend some time with Krista, a good friend of mine that I haven't seen in a few months. She's running on Saturday as well. In fact my running can be traced to her since she was part of the reason I signed up for my first half marathon in 2007.

3. Had my last run before the Madison Mini Marathon tonight. I met up with my running partner in crime Peggy and we logged 4 miles along the Fox River trail. We started about an hour before sunset, so it was kind of a dusky run, and a little buggy since it was along the river, but it was such a great run. Yes, the running was good. But it was getting the chance to catch up with Peggy and just talk about all the random stuff we hit on during the weekend long runs - but on a Thursday. Perfect last run before the Mini.

No comments: