Thursday, January 21, 2010

Three Things Thursday

So many other bloggers do this, so I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon.

1. It's been a hellacious week at work. I'm working a second shift, but it always happens that I end up having to go in early a few of those days, so I end up working a split shift. And my days get broken up. And there isn't time to fit in a run or workout. And I get crabby. Add to it trying to fit two weeks of work into one week and I've been a slightly frazzled Badgergirl this week. And no runs? Kind of crabby. But I had a bit of time this afternoon, so I laced up the sneakers, threw on my new running duds and headed out the door. Three miles never felt so good.

2. I have an indoor triathlon coming up on Saturday. And I haven't stuck a toe in the pool since before Christmas. Oops. My Monday morning swim class is still meeting, but two weeks I was dealing with The Cold That Would Never End and this Monday I woke up with a nasty headache. Guess I'll just wing the 8 minute swim portion on Saturday.

3. That indoor triathlon is also my last race in my 20s. Sunday? I turn the big 3-0. Not sure how I feel about that yet. I'll let you know on Sunday.

10 comments:

teacherwoman said...

If it makes you feel better, I have only swam once since before Christmas...geez.

Happy early birthday if I don't get a chance to wish you Sunday!

Suzy said...

Don't fear 30. The 30's are great!

J said...

Hope you enjoy the indoor Tri and good luck in the pool! I am sure you will do great!

happy early birthday! Hope you have a good weekend!

MCM Mama said...

Have fun at the tri! I'm sure you'll do fine with the swim.

Happy early birthday! 30s are a fun decade.

Marlene said...

Good luck (and have fun!) and the indoor tri and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Jess said...

Happy birthday!!!

It's been a hellacious week at work for me too. I'm counting down the hours until it's the weekend!

Jill said...

Good luck on the tri this weekend and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Carolina John said...

hey the 30's are the best! happy birthday girl. good luck at the tri, i'm sure you'll have fun.

Mike Russell said...

Take it easy in the pool and you will do great in the rest of the race.

God luck!

Loots said...

I hope you had a great birthday.

-Amanda