Friday, January 8, 2010

Thinking happy thoughts

Coming over to post on my blog reminds me I should really do some updating over on that right sidebar. It's no longer 2009 and I've got some tentative plans for a 2010 schedule. Maybe later this weekend.

I was right, my legs were screaming at me on Thursday after the crazy run/bike workout I did on Wednesday night. So I took the day off. And it's Friday today, I had intentions of heading over to the YMCA after work, but I got caught up in a project at work and was there later than I was hoping. And I was hungry. So I went home.

Tomorrow morning. Badgergirl and the treadmill? We've got a date. And this time our meeting will be done before the Badgers try to hand Purdue its first loss of the season.

So with no running or biking news to report, I give you a list. Lacey tagged me and asked me to list 10 things that make me happy. Weekends make me happy (and I'll try not to include that on the list, or else I'll make it No. 11), so the timing is appropriate.

Ten things that make me happy....

1. Curling up in my recliner with my blanket and a good book.
2. Warm, hot showers
3. Crawling into bed with freshly washed sheets
4. Macaroni and cheese
5. Hugs from The Rugrats
6. The lake
7. Badger victories
8. Family get togethers
9. A good run
10. The outdoors after a fresh snowfall
11. Weekends (I couldn't help it)

I'm supposed to tag some folks. I'm not sure who's already done it so if you're up for the challenge and want to let us know what makes you happy, tag, you're it!

*******

And for those of you looking to score some sweet schwag without having to enter a race, head on over to Running Circles Around Turtles for a spiffy giveaway!

5 comments:

teacherwoman said...

great list of positives!

Go Badgers! (I see that they have had a few big wins this year thus far - ie. against Duke - which is spectacular!)

MCM Mama said...

That list contains some lovely things! I should avail myself of that warm shower sometime very soon. ;o)

No Longer Using said...

oooh good ones!!! i'm currently in my recliner (well ottoman + comfy chair, heh) under a blanket with a book! cheers!!! :)

fam get togethers= another great one! and lol #11. happy saturday!!!!!!!!!

Jess said...

I love love love hot showers. Especially in the winter. I will bask in their warmth for like 30 minutes....oops haah!

Suzy said...

Great list!! Sorry I tagged you again...I couldn't remember who had done it and who hadn't.